Skip to Content


Main Content

This page is for individuals applying for the National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Parts I and II, administered by the American Dental Association (ADA) / Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE).


If you have studied dentistry at a school NOT accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC), you are required to get an evaluation report by ECE.


Report Type

  • General ($100) Report
  • However, if you will be applying to a dental school, we suggest a Course-by-Course Report ($195) which is required by most dental schools and will also be accepted by the ADA/JCNDE.


Before applying:

You must obtain a DENTPIN before ECE sends the evaluation report to the ADA/JCNDE.

Learn more regarding DENTPIN registration. 


When applying:

Use the same name as the name on your DENTPIN. The name on your ECE® evaluation report must match exactly with the name on your DENTPIN.

If you have a Certification of Eligibility form, do not submit this form to ECE. It must be mailed to the JNDCE per the instructions on the form.


General disclaimer:

ECE prepares evaluation reports for the purpose of applying to the ADA/JCNDE but does not make decisions regarding eligibility for examinations or professional licensure in dentistry.


Ordering copies: