Skip to Content
Main Content



This page is for foreign trained dentists applying for the NBDHE, INBDE, ADAT or DLOSCE administered by the American Dental Association (ADA)/Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE).

If you have studied dentistry at a school NOT accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC), you are required to get an evaluation report by ECE.

Suggested Report Types

If only applying for the exam:

  • U.S. General Report ($100)

If also applying to a U.S. educational institution

  • U.S. Course by Course Report ($195) which is required by most dental schools and will also be accepted by the ADA/JCNDE.

If also applying to a Canadian educational institution

  • U.S. General Report ($100) for the Exam
  • Canadian Assessment report for the educational institution. Check with the institution for accepted assessment type.
  • ECE offers a Transnational discount. Once we issue the First Report, you become eligible to order a Second Report for 30% off the regular report fee.

Before applying:

You must obtain a DENTPIN before ECE sends the evaluation report to the ADA/JCNDE.

Learn more regarding DENTPIN registration

When applying:

Use the same name as the name on your DENTPIN. The name on the ECE® evaluation report must match exactly with the name on your DENTPIN.

While you are completing the application, you will be able to order an official copy for the ADA/JCNDE by searching for any of the examinations.

If you have a Certification of Eligibility form, do not submit this form to ECE. It must be mailed to the JCNDE per the instructions on the form.

General disclaimer:

ECE prepares evaluation reports for the purpose of applying to the ADA/JCNDE but does not make decisions regarding eligibility for examinations or professional licensure in dentistry.