Do you have POCT staff educated overseas and need to comply with CLIA regulation and interpretive guideline §42 CFR 493.2 and CAP regulations GEN .55450 and GEN .54025?
ECE supports healthcare managers preparing for accreditor inspections, compliance reviews, and new hires. Whether due to an internal policy or state or federal law, ECE has developed solutions especially for healthcare providers, medical laboratories, and private practices.
International verification provides peace of mind to your organization in knowing that your employees have the proper credentials and helps support a diverse workforce.
CLIA and CAP requirements for foreign trained personnel
The CLIA regulation and interpretive guidelines at §42 CFR 493.2 state, “Individuals who have degrees from foreign institutions must have an evaluation of their credentials to determine the equivalency of their education to an education obtained in the United States (U.S.). The equivalency evaluations should be on a course-by-course basis and may be performed by a nationally recognized organization. These may include such organizations as the National Association Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) (https://www.naces.org).”
As a founding member of the NACES, ECE provides credential evaluations to comply with CLIA regulation and interpretive guideline §42 CFR 493.2 and fulfill CAP regulations GEN .55450 and GEN .54025 (e.g. Personnel Evaluation Roster).
CLIA and CAP compliance is required no matter how long ago your internationally educated staff received their degrees. Especially for those who have been practicing for a long time, obtaining the necessary official documents can be challenging or even impossible.
ECE provides two report types that can alleviate this issue.
- ECE® Exclusive Use Report (ordered by the organization)
- These reports are created solely for use at your organization and are based on documents that do not meet our standard documentation requirements. This can include photocopies or incomplete documents. They are ordered and paid for by the organization.
- ECE® Scholar Profile (ordered by staff individuals)
- Like the Exclusive Use Report, these evaluations are based on documents that do not meet our standard documentation requirement, including photocopies or incomplete documents. They are ordered and paid for by the applicant.
Reports are delivered within an industry-leading turnaround time using our secure electronic delivery system, ECE® Dispatch, eliminating the need to wait for reports by mail. All reports and services are backed by more than 40 years of research and data, as well as the nation’s largest resource library on comparative international education.
Think of ECE as a trusted member of your organization’s or laboratory’s compliance office. We’ll handle accreditation reports for you, whenever you need them.
The process for obtaining the necessary evaluations is easier than you might think. Here's how it can work for you.
ECE® Compliance: Healthcare Solutions example plan:
- Collect academic documents from POCT staff educated outside the U.S.
- Apply for an evaluation on their behalf with a free ECE® Dispatch account. Send documents to ECE.
- Report PDF's of educational equivalences, including educational documents, will be available to download from Dispatch at your convenience, 24/7.
- Completed evaluations are available in Dispatch for one year. They’re ready when needed for CLIA inspections, accreditation and more.
- Evaluations for newly hired staff can be ordered as needed. Recruit top talent knowing they have all the proper training to successfully fill the position.
Let's work on your compliance audit plan together. For a review of your needs, please complete our inquiry form below.
Complete Inquiry Form
As a way of ensuring that those working in a specific profession have the proper credentials for their field, many U.S. and international associations require an independent review of an individual’s academic record.
For years, ECE has proudly supported many healthcare associations, including:
✔ American Dental Association (ADA)
✔American Physical Therapy Association
✔ American Speech Language Hearing Association
✔ American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
✔ American Medical Technologists
✔American Society for Clinical Pathology
✔National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
✔ State Departments of Public Health