Skip to Content

NABP Documentation Requirements

Main Content

Required Documentation for the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)/Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC)

Note: These requirements differ from ECE’s normal documentation requirements.

NABP requires:

  • General Report
  • ‌The report must be sent directly from ECE to NABP, along with original documentation submitted for evaluation.

When applying for an ECE® report:

  • ‌Select the NABP as the purpose of the report.
  • ‌Make sure that you provide instructions for one official copy of the report to be sent to the NABP.

Important Information about Submitting Official Supporting Documentation

All official documentation must:

‌Include an inked or impressed seal or stamp of the issuing body.

  • ‌Include an inked signature of the individual from the issuing body authorized to certify the document.
  • ‌Be sealed in an envelope by the issuing body. A seal, stamp, or signature of an official must overlap the flap closure and the envelope. (The sealed envelope may be submitted to ECE by you or the issuing body.)
  • ‌Official documentation that is not in English, or that contains non-English stamps or seals, must be accompanied with a word-for-word English translation. (See the “Translation of Non-English Documents” section below.)

1. Official Transcript(s)

To be considered for certification, you must submit official transcripts of all pre-pharmacy, professional pharmacy degree, and post-degree pharmacy studies to ECE. If there were additional coursework requirements for graduation, an official transcript is also required.

Official transcripts must include:

  • ‌School seal/stamp
  • ‌Signature (in ink) of a pharmacy school official
  • ‌Dates you attended pharmacy school
  • ‌Grades or other documentation proving completion
  • If the degree program required an internship prior to graduation, then a school-issued document detailing the content or areas of training in the internship must also be included.
  • Be sealed in an envelope by the issuing body. A seal, stamp, or signature of an official must overlap the flap closure and the envelope. (The sealed envelope may be submitted to ECE by you or the issuing body.)

Unofficial photocopies of transcripts will not be accepted.

After reviewing your transcripts, ECE will forward your official transcripts to FPGEC for its own records.

Transcripts are not returned.

2. Official Proof of Degree

Official proof of the pharmacy degree, indicating the title of the degree and the date of issuance, must also be submitted to ECE.

The pharmacy degree or qualification you received must be the professional degree leading to licensure and/or registration to practice pharmacy.

Be sealed in an envelope by the issuing body. A seal, stamp, or signature of an official must overlap the flap closure and the envelope. (The sealed envelope may be submitted to ECE by you or the issuing body.)

3. Photocopy of Your Pharmacy Degree

In addition to Official Proof of Degree, please also submit a photocopy of your pharmacy degree that was issued upon graduation. 

The photocopy does not need to be issued in a sealed envelope.

4. Translation of Non-English Documents

You may not prepare your own translations.

Any document, including all seals and/or stamps, not in English must be accompanied by an original, official, word-for-word English translation, prepared and certified as correct by an official translator.

The FPGEC considers an official translator to be a certified translator, a certified court interpreter, an authorized government official, or an official from the pharmacy school where you obtained your pharmacy degree.

You may also obtain an original official translation from a professional translation service or an appropriate language department at any university.

The FPGEC must be able to identify the name of the translator. Each page of the original translation must be signed and dated by the translator, and must appear on official stationery. The translator must provide an attestation statement regarding the accuracy of each translation. Proof of the translator’s credentials must accompany each translation.

Translations for documents in sealed envelopes

To obtain a translation of a document in a sealed envelope, you should request two sets of official documents:

  • You can use one set to obtain an English translation.
  • The other set must remain unopened in the original sealed envelope.  

Alternatively, you can instruct the educational institution to include the official translation in the same envelope that contains the official documentation.


Documentation from a country that is not listed in the exceptions below should be issued in the native language and be accompanied by English translations as noted.

Documentation from the countries that follow should be issued in English (Note: Foreign language seals or stamps must be translated, as indicated above.)

  • Afghanistan
  • Australia
  • Bahrain
  • Botswana
  • Cambodia
  • Cameroon
  • Canada
  • Caribbean (English-speaking) countries
  • Egypt
  • England
  • Eritrea
  • Ethiopia
  • Ghana
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Iraq
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • Kenya
  • Kuwait
  • Liberia
  • Malaysia
  • Myanmar
  • Nepal
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • Northern Ireland
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Philippines
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Scotland
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sudan
  • Taiwan
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Uganda
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Wales
  • Yemen
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe



In addition to the documentation requirements above, please note that for China ECE requires a China Qualifications Verification Credentials Report.

Both the degree and grade report must be verified.

The verification report (认证报告) must be sent directly to ECE by:

China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC)
B-17, Tongfang Scientific Plaza
No.1, Wangzhuang Road
Haidian District, Beijing 100083
Tel: 010-82379480
Fax: 010-82379491
Website: or

We suggest that the report be sent to us via courier service; please have it sent to: ECE, 101 W. Pleasant St. Suite 200, Milwaukee, WI 53212-3963, USA.



Documentation from Cuba must be issued by the Consultoría Jurídica Internacional (CJI) or Bufete de Servicios Especializados (BES) and submitted to ECE in an envelope prepared and sealed by CJI or BES.

The sealed envelope can be submitted to ECE either by the candidate or directly by CJI or BES.

This documentation should include the proof of degree (confirmation of receipt of Título) and grade report (Certificado de Estudios/Certificado de Notas/Calificaciones).