CANADA ASSESSMENT REPORT AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”)
This Agreement is between the submitting party (“you”, “I”, “me”) and Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (“ECE”, “we”, “us”) and is effective the date you sign and submit it. The Agreement is part of the Application. References below to the Application include the Agreement.
A. Terms and Conditions
Documentation Requirements. We will issue a Canada Assessment Report (“Report”) based only on educational documents that meet ECE® Documentation Requirements---click on each link above to review them by country or institution. You must submit all required documents; we cannot begin the assessment until we receive them (note: translations are not required if you order a Translation Waiver). Documents submitted in an institutionally sealed envelope become ECE® property and will not be released, unless required otherwise by law.
Payment. Payment must be made in U.S. dollars by money order, check, Visa, or MasterCard. If the money order or check is from a bank outside the United States, it must contain the printed name of the affiliated U.S. bank. A $40 fee will be charged for each returned check. We cannot accept bank drafts or cash. All fees are subject to change without notice.
Limitations on Refunds. We will refund the difference in fees if you have paid us more than the cost of the Report issued. Otherwise, there are no refunds once an Application is submitted, except as provided in the Acceptance Guarantee below. If an order is canceled or inactivated---or all required documents are not provided---we will issue no Report and no refund, but the rest of the Application will remain in force.
Information and Documentation Requests. We reserve the right to request additional information and educational documents at any time, including original documents and attested copies in institutionally sealed envelopes.
Verification of Authenticity. We reserve the right to contact educational, governmental, and professional institutions for additional information and verification of document authenticity.
General Report for Unrecognized Study. If in our assessment a credential does not represent the equivalent of for-credit study at a Canadian institution authorized to grant degrees, then the Report will not list courses, credits, and grades. If no for-credit study was completed, we will issue a General Report only (if a different Report type was ordered, we will refund the difference in fees between it and the General Report).
Guarantee. Except as provided in the Acceptance Guarantee below, we guarantee only that each Report will be prepared by our qualified professional staff. We do not guarantee you or others will agree with a Report, and we assume no responsibility for decisions you or others make based on it. Equivalencies in each Report reflect our professional judgment based on in-depth research in applied comparative education.
Report Acceptance Guarantee (“Acceptance Guarantee”)1. To be eligible for any refund amount under the Acceptance Guarantee:
(i) Your Report order must include at least one Report copy (“Copy”) designated for direct delivery to a higher education institution in Canada (“HEIC”)2;
(ii) A designated HEIC receiving a Copy must reject it (i.e., decline to use it in an admission or transfer decision);
(iii) Within ninety (90) calendar days of the Report issue date, you must contact us and provide the name and direct contact information of an admissions official at each designated HEIC that rejected a Copy; AND
(iv) After we contact the admissions office directly, the HEIC still will not use the copy.
If all eligibility requirements are met, you may choose one of the following options: (1) a full refund on the Report order; or (2) a refund of just the Copy and delivery fees for the HEIC(s) that rejected a Copy.
If you choose option (1), the order is cancelled, and we will issue no further Copies related to it (but the rest of the Application will remain in force). If you choose option (2), you may still order Copies for five years from the Report issue date, subject to the Agreement.
NOTE: The Acceptance Guarantee expires at the earliest of the following: (a) once all designated HEICs use a Copy, regardless of outcome (use in an unfavorable decision is not a rejection of the Copy); (b) once we refund any amount to you; or (c) ninety (90) calendar days after the Report issue date.
1 Limitations and restrictions apply. Based on eligibility, the refund may be partial or full. We may discontinue the Acceptance Guarantee at any time without notice.
2 The Acceptance Guarantee does not apply to: any Copy not sent directly to an HEIC by ECE, and any Copy ordered after the Report issue date.
Delivery Services; Electronic Delivery. We are not responsible for packages and their contents once they leave our offices with a delivery service. Copies sent to some third parties may be delivered electronically, along with copies of the related educational documents.
Right to Refuse Service; Copies. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, including the right not to provide Copies of a previous Report. Normally Copies may be ordered up to five years after a Report was first issued (we reserve the right to change this time frame without notice).
No Obligation to Revise. Education is dynamic, and all educational systems change. Ongoing research may identify new equivalents for some credentials, resulting in different assessments than provided earlier. It is understood that equivalencies in previous Reports were based on the best information available to professionals in applied comparative education at the time. If you request Copies later, we have no obligation to revise an equivalency to reflect changes that occurred in the interim. Also, in preparing a new Report, we have no obligation to maintain an equivalency from a prior Report.
Information Subject to Change. Information on the ECE® application form and website, including fees, may change without notice.
B. Customer Agreement
(1) Application. I certify: (a) all information I provided in the Application is complete and correct to the best of my knowledge; and (b) I understand the information in the Application.
(2) Consent for Verification. I hereby consent for ECE to: (a) contact educational, governmental, and professional institutions to verify document authenticity; and (b) share with those institutions information and documents submitted by me, or on my behalf, for verification purposes.
(3) Falsified Documents. I agree that if false information or forged, altered, or falsified documents are submitted to ECE at any time: (a) no Report will be issued; (b) no refund will be made; (c) Report copy designees will be notified; and (d) the information will be shared with educational, governmental, and other institutions (including evaluation services), whether or not a Report was issued or the order was canceled or inactivated. All documents submitted will become ECE® property and will not be returned.
(4) LIMITATION OF LIABITLITY. I HEREBY RELEASE ECE, INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR: (a) LOSSES OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED DUE TO ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS BY ECE, NEGLIGENT OR NOT, RELATING IN ANY WAY TO ECE® SERVICES, PERFORMED OR NOT; (b) LOSSES OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED FROM MY OR ANOTHER PERSON’S USE OF A REPORT; AND (c) ANY DAMAGE TO, OR LOSS OF, DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED AT ANY TIME.
(5) Contract. I agree: (a) this Application creates a contract between ECE and me, the submitting party; and (b) this Application is the entire agreement, and any change or waiver related to it must be made in writing by ECE.
(6) Law and Venue. I agree the laws of the State of Wisconsin govern all matters arising under this Application or related to ECE® services, without regard to conflict of laws principles. I HEREBY: (a) irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of state or federal courts located in Milwaukee, WI, United States; (b) waive my right to commence any suit, proceeding, or claim in any other court or venue; and (c) WAIVE MY RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL.
(7) Electronic Transaction and Signature. I agree to conduct this transaction electronically. By clicking “Sign and Submit”, I understand I am signing the Application and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and Customer Agreement. I certify: (a) I am the person named signing the Application; (b) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age; and (c) if I am not the person whose credentials will be assessed, I am acting on that person’s behalf and have the authority to do so.